Presented by SCCAEPA
The Southern California Chinese American Environmental Protection Association was established in 1991. Its mission is to promote environmental knowledge in the Chinese community, increase exchanges among members, and participate in and serve the environmental protection community and the Chinese community.
SCCAEPA is focused on creating a global brand for Chinese environmental workers. It has successfully held several international environmental conferences and seminars. The number of participants and the international influence have been expanding year by year.
The Association has more than 500 registered members who work in scientists, engineers and government administrators roles in US government agencies, academia, and environmental consulting companies. More than 90% of the members have master's or doctoral degrees.
SCCAEPA presents a one-week training seminar and special conference in San Gabriele, Los Angeles, in August each year. It also held special training seminars and international exchange seminars from time to time.
August 7 – 8, 2018, Tuesday and Wednesday: Special Workshop
Special Workshop: Air Pollution Prevention Technologies and Government Management
- Overview of Air Quality Management- Strategic Planning & Problem Solving
- Monitoring and Data Analysis- Identification of Air Quality Problems
- Emissions Inventory – Identification of Emission Sources, Methods of Data Gathering, and Applications
- Air Quality Modeling – Discussions of Tools, Applications, and Limitations
- Control Strategy Development
- Permitting Programs
- Enforcement Programs
- Public Outreach
- Overview of Portable Emission Measurement System (PEMS) and It’s Applications
- Near-Zero Emission and Zero Emission Technology Options for Cargo and Port Air Quality Management
August 9, 2018, Thursday: Site Visit
The Los Angeles Environment Forum will arrange great site visits each year. The visiting projects include various government departments, laboratories, and demonstration projects. If you are interested in on-site visits, you can choose a program to include the site visit at the time of registration, or select “Site Visit Only”.
- Air pollution control project and monitoring system
- Large Environmental Analysis Laboratory
- Contaminated Site Remediation Project (Multiphase Extraction, Drilling Geophysical Exploration Technology, Groundwater Treatment, etc.)
- Sponge City Project
- Rainwater Management
- Ecological Restoration Project
August 10-11, 2018, Friday and Saturday: Forum Conference
Forum Conference: Improve Air Quality and Protect Water Resources
- Climate Change and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Air Pollution Control and Air Quality Management
- Government Management for Environmental Protection
- Site Characterization and Conceptual Site Models
- Soil and Groundwater Contamination Cleanup
- Remediation Technologies and Applications
- Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) and Watershed Management
- Solid Waste Management and Recycling
- US National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Lake and Reservoir Management for Eutrophication
- Low Impact Development (LID) and “Sponge City”
- Marine Environmental Protection and Coastal Environmental Management
- Brownfield Redevelopment and Land Use Management
- Water Resource Protection and Sustainable Management (Drought, Flood, and Emergency Management)
- Environmental Protection and Public Health
- Contamination Prevention and Cleanup for Farmland and Mine
Watch the video to learn more about LAEF. A presentation by LAEF President (Dr. Weixing Tong) and Vice-President (Dr. Jun Lu). (Chinese Only)
The LAEF is set to keep up with the current international environmental protection situation and is very rich in content. The guests who participated in the lectures are the top tier experts in the field of environmental engineering and management. The contents of the speeches were wonderful. The site visited the project is very high quality, and has the patience of the experts to escort with the professional explanation, it is an eye-opener and unforgettable.2017 Attendee
For any question and special request, please contact Dr. Weixing Tong: +1 (909) 632-6006, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop OnlyRegister after June 15th, 2018
- Program through Aug. 7th to 8th, 2018.
Site Visit OnlyRegister after June 15th, 2018
- Program on Aug. 9th, 2018
Conference OnlyRegister after June 15th, 2018
- Program through Aug. 10th to 11th, 2018
All LAEF EventsRegister after June 15th, 2018
- Program through Aug. 7th to 11th, 2018
*Note: The registration fee will be restored to original price after June 15, 2018: Special Workshop price is $400/person, Site Visit price is $200/person, Conference price is $300/person, and All LAEF Events price is $900/person. Student registration enjoys a 50% discount. The registration fee covers lunch and dinner, on-site visits to transportation, training materials, certificates and other expenses.
Other Event Services
Request VISA Invitation
The organizer SCCAEPA of the LAEF convention can issue an invitation to visit the United States. If you and your team members need an invitation letter to the United States, please complete the form below or contact us directly.
Call for Abstract
Topics are limited to research work related to environmental issues. The research work may include on-going research or published after July 2017.
Please contact us via email or online form. We will get back to you in a timely manner.
SCCAEPA, P.O. Box 4162, Diamond Bar, CA 91765